Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Go Garba!

Its 2 AM, returned a while back from the lab. Meeting tomorrow... man... how I wish I could by-pass thursdays :P.... woke up for a mundane lab visit this morning at 7:30. Had to open the lab for a technician who was to come at 8...he never did (LOL!! yeah!! in the US, an amru dint keep his tryst with time:D)..leaving me groggy despite the hour of stifled sleep I managed in the evening. So basically, I just want to sleep now... but....

For GARBA!!!!!! Our good old gujju neighbours (ironically halfway across the world from Maharashtra!) have a birthday celebration going on. Normally, birthdays in student apartments are cake cutting, cake smashing, egg smashing , cake eating and crowd dispersing... quite dilligently in that order. I'd like to believe except for the egg (strict veggies aapdo gujjus), the rest of the events took place.. and to substitute for the egg, they are dancing away to songs , typical garba songs!!! In a coutry where the wooden walls shudder every time Shatrughan Sinha yells 'KHAMOSH!!" on youtube...u can imagine my apartment walls and the reverberations that are coming through.....

All this has been going on for atleast 45 minutes.. I'd like to believe there are 12-15 people in there, and I must say they are riding their luck pretty well, for going on and on in a place where all it takes for an anonymous caller is to dial 911, tell the emergency people his sleep is being disturbed and the cops would get here in no time... its happened before but quite luckily for them (and a wee bit disappointingly for me ), the party continues.. Garba ishtyle....

Random thought: Should I call 911??? MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Track currently on my nano: Main hoon Don - DON (2006)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this blog-space is better.. .keeps me in touch wid ur life and happenings!!!

SEV said...

Yeah.. happened to a friend on her birthday too. About 30 of us in her place, the cops showed up at 2 am. Her neighbors complain now if we walk upto their place at 11 pm.

Memorable isn't how I'd put it.

Akshay G N I said...

go guju !
half way around the world or in ghatkopar , gujjus are all the same . . .
loud mujhik , garba , phalguni pathak , oily food and snaazzy clothes are essentials of life . . .
and i sincerely wished u had dialed 911 !
keep blogging
akshaygn