Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yeh kahaan aa gaye hum....

Thank God for making me land up in the bay area.... for a person like me, making new friends in a new place would have been a challenge alright... but like all rivulets meeting up in the sea, I've been reunited with long-lost friends, from school and junior college and engineering... but at a time when I have good friends all around me in person and a couple of real good ones on the phone and in the same country, today I missed a few friends of mine a lot... I must admit I am not great at staying in touch with people. Barring a couple whom I would carry with me through life, most of my really good friends have also come and gone in phases... some present ones will go their way too soon... the thought of those moments and memories I have shared with them are like treasures beyond value.... It does make my eyes moist... kaash woh din waapas aa jaate.. yeh kahaan aa gaye hum... I'd like to open my heart's window a wee bit and let you a glimpse into each one of them... I am not going to take names... most of you would know who each one is... for the others.. these are the jewels that adorned my life.. and still do so through memories...

In no specific order...

SP:

I guess he was the my first instance in life of a "First impression" friend. I mean, the moment I walked into class in std. 7 and saw him, I knew we would hit it off... basketball brought us further closer and those remaining four years till the end of school were a bliss... at a time when adolescence reared its head for the first time, we spent many an hour discussing the girls we secretly were developing crushes on. We went on different paths of education but you know how it is with some people, you meet after a year and you can still make them relate to all of your stories. A successful MBA now.. I guess he dreams and accomplishes it only as he can...

RV:

This one's tough because he is in US... but with him, its a pure visual friendship.. we just cant speak things to each other on the phone... the moment we set sights on one another, we can let out our deepest thoughts and secrets. Undoubtedly, the brightest mind amongst the 4 from KJSCE tronix who came to these shores, the latest whiff I have is of him still pondering over the decision to pursue PhD or get into the industry.. I dont know what decision he will take, I dont know how he will convey his decision to me... maybe my prayers will be answered, he will find a job in the Bay area and we will catch up on two years.. in person!! And once he lands up here, let us see who can beat India in a cricket match!!

SB:

The one person, the one girl, the one soul I love... as pure as that emotion can get despite all the cart-load of crap it brings along... I have felt it only for her.. and what made that feeling special was she understood and reciprocated in the same way.. it wasnt one bit romantic, it was never meant to be... we were just too perfect together to be that way throughout life... I last spoke to her breaking and choking voice the day I left India...11 months... I moved on, she's moved on... but as I weep on some nights thinking about how much I love her, I am but only sure that she does too...

AK:

I had heard a lot about him when i walked into that SE class... brilliant student, awesome orator, so down to earth that he almost gets buried in it... not the quintessential topper who is the apple of peoples's eyes and an eyesore to the rest. He comes, he jokes, he laughs, he discusses ARR, music, football and cricket like a madman, loves and drags you to his favourite movies.. and comes on top with honours after all of this. As aggressive as I get about things, I wanted someone with a better vision for the team when I was seeking a project partner in BE....I just went and told him that the two of us will do the projects.. he's handled me and my moods with aplomb.. we always enjoyed the fun side of life together, because he ensured I did not let myself stay aloof when he had fun.. doing a swinging MBA on either side of India, I am confident that as wide as life's paths would take us, we will always be the guys who made a Pentium 3 processor, a few professors and a whole lot of others, recognize the word "SUCCESSSSSS!!!!"

Raising a toast to each one of you and to what we share... as flippant as it was, it is something I will take with me to my grave...

Song Currently listening to: Jabse Tere Naina from Saawatiya

Random thought: Have I ever longed to see Neil this much in life?? just cant wait.... damnit!!

4 comments:

Abinav Kumar said...

ok now...

havent felt this nice in months...!!! :D thanks a lot da..!! love you loads..!! i dont know about the bay area thing... but you better make sure you be back here to his bay, 'cos this is where i will be... BomBay... :D

SEV said...

Deep post dude. Touching.

Siddarth said...

Nice one,this!

abcdefgh said...

Dude!! Brillianto !! Hope your wish comes true and we end up watching the cricket matches together. As far as conveying my decision is concerned, trust me it will be done in a jiffy even if u dont want to hear.