Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Let the dreamz begin....


Its that time of the year again... Diwali!! the festival of lights, when things look brighter and better than at anytime during the year. Undoubtedly my favourite festival of the year... and also a time when the Indian dream factory tolls out its creme de la creme. Yes.. being a hard and true-to-heart Mumbaikar, I have grown, been fed and led to believe that Indian dreams are sold not by MNCs having their design and R&D centres in my country.. but by the one and only.. BOLLYWOOD.. As I find myself in what can best be described as India outside of herself here in the bay area, I can only feel the excitement of going and watching a couple of the high profile releases this weekend. I may sound like your local Mid-day reporter but the way I have followed and been sucked into this filmy festivity is because of the sheer magnitude of marketing effort that has gone on into the movies releasing this Diwali.. Mid-day, Ibnlive and Indiafm, my three most favoured sites have been agog with article after article of Ranbir, Sonam, Deepika.. and KING KHAN!!! Yes... I love Shah Rukh.. I do not go to a movie theatre for acting skills, I go for entertainment..especially in an Indian movie, I go for the cheers, the laughters, the comments sitting besides friends, the depth of emotion which chokes me at times, the dhols, the tak-dhina-dhin beats of a song.... complete entertainment... for me, no one does it better than SRK himself.

Bollywood has been such an integral part of my life that I can't imagine my liking or understanding of movies without it. Yes, I love my Pirates of Carribean, the Bourne Ultimatum and Apollo 13, but if I want to relax, smile, understand and most importantly , enjoy... I will turn to Andaz Apna Apna, Jo Jeeta wohi Sikander and DDLJ.... we at times mock at the films made in our country, saying that we need to keep the brain aside and watch them... but isn't that what commercial cinema is meant for?



All in all, I am just looking forward to this weekend... Om Shanti Om for sure.. maybe Saawariya too.. this diwali season, let the cameras roll and the action begin...

HAPPY DIWALI!!

Been a long time.. saw Basu's site and remembered... so here it is.. and hope I remember again.

Random thought: Why do I linger on to things, memories, places and people long after I have passed through them?

Currently listening to: Masha-Allah from Saawariya

2 comments:

Abinav Kumar said...

hmm.. thts the first thng i plan to do as soon as in baby... Om Shanti Om...!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.